Posted on 4th August 2023 by Harry
Ilir Sela is the Founder and CEO of Slice, the all-in-one ordering and advertising and marketing tech platform for native pizzerias. By its partnerships, Slice has pushed over $1B in earnings for over 18,000 impartial pizzerias nationwide. Enjoyable reality, Slice can also be one of many largest employers in Macedonia and at one level, employed so many individuals there, they needed to begin their very own faculty to coach extra folks. Earlier than Slice, Ilir began Nerd Pressure and offered it in 2008. Enormous due to Jeff Richards (GGV) and Ben Solar (Main) for some superb questions right this moment.
In At present’s Dialogue with Ilir Sela We Focus on:
1. From Macedonia to the Vivid Lights of NYC and Bentley Shopping for:
- How Ilir made his manner into the world of startups having grown up in Macedonia?
- How did his much less prosperous upbringing impression his strategy to firm constructing?
- How does Ilir take into consideration the significance of cash? How did he come to purchase a Bentley?
- What does Ilir know now that he needs he had identified when he began?
2. Why Bootstrapped Was Greatest & The Choice to Fundraise:
- Why did Ilir scale the enterprise to $4M in income with out ever fundraising?
- What does Ilir consider are the advantages of scaling companies with much less cash?
- What would Ilir have performed in another way had he raised cash earlier?
- What recommendation does Ilir have for founders who see opponents elevating extra money than them?
3. Why Delegation is BS and Your Upbringing F***** You Up:
- Why does Ilir consider that a lot of our upbringing can instill rules which make us a worse chief?
- Why does Ilir consider it’s BS to rent nice folks and get out of the way in which?
- What are the only greatest errors Ilir sees founders make in firm scaling?
- What have been a few of Ilir’s greatest classes in expertise acquisition?
4. Choice-Making 101:
- How does Ilir analyze his decision-making framework right this moment?
- The place does he want to enhance as a pacesetter right this moment? What does he have to do to get there?
- What has been the only finest resolution he made with Slice? What did he be taught from it?
- What has been the worst resolution he has made within the scaling course of? How did that change his mindset?