Welcome to episode 62!
Our visitor and I chat about all issues entrepreneurship. Should you’ve been desirous about beginning a contract writing enterprise you’ll need to take heed to this interview as our pal, Melissa Meyer, could have some recommendation for us.
Who’s Melissa Meyer?
On the tender age of eight, Melissa knew she needed to develop as much as be two issues – a mother and a
author. It was a protracted 30-year journey to understand these childhood desires. Melissa is now a contract author for small companies and feminine entrepreneurs. She loves serving to ladies by taking content material writing off their already-too-full plates. Her completely satisfied place is at her desk writing internet content material, weblog posts, and case research. When she’s not crafting enjoyable and related messages for purchasers, she retains busy cherishing her household. Melissa left the company world to begin her enterprise so she could possibly be house together with her youngsters. She named her enterprise, Bets and Ben Artistic, after them. Melissa and her husband reside in Wisconsin, elevating their 8-year-old daughter and 5-year-old son.
How Melissa acquired began and her companies
- We mentioned how she acquired began in freelance writing- beginning out with workplace jobs providing admin help and help full-time. She left her job after she was unable to work remotely resulting from firm coverage adjustments and determined to return house as a full-time work-at-home mother, taking a leap of religion to start her writing enterprise.
- Among the companies she offers are: writing “about” pages for ladies in enterprise (as a result of it may be tough to put in writing about ourselves), and writing internet copy and content material. She loves to assist ladies who assist individuals by taking it off their plates.
How her “late” begin was excellent
Generally our journey of entrepreneurship takes longer than we wish. Melissa shares her “late” begin into motherhood and the way she took her time in beginning her enterprise which initially started as a pastime.
The comparability recreation is deadly, however Melissa encourages us: “Your journey is your journey, irrespective of how lengthy it takes.”
She additionally encourages us that it’s by no means to late to begin over, irrespective of how far you might be in your motherhood journey.
Keep away from comparisons and imposter syndrome
Generally we would marvel who will really purchase our services, however we’ve to understand that there are lots of individuals who want us. Simply have faith in what you do.
Tips about balancing motherhood with enterprise
- Make a small (not a protracted!) precedence listing of issues to take action that you just set your self up for fulfillment and never for failure
- Don’t overwhelm your self with targets, however set targets which you can management
- Balancing means being sort to your self, and giving your self some grace
- Create programs for house and enterprise
Decide up a duplicate of her copywriting suggestions, and attain her by visiting her web site at http://www.betsandbencreative.com
Did you benefit from the podcast? Let me know your ideas. All for being on the podcast? Attain out to us right here.